Bulldog Bag Ltd. Benefits at a Glance
What sets Bulldog apart is our commitment to our employees’ health and wellbeing and our constantly evolving benefit and program plans. Bulldog is proud of our progressive above average wages and wage scale increases as well as our vacation plan accrual; employees reach 3 weeks’ vacation after 2 yrs. As well as our extensive health benefit program we also offer employee discounts at Mark’s Work Warehouse, Kal-Tire and Sandman Hotels.
Safety is always number one at Bulldog
- Free hearing tests
- Free PPE (except for your safety footwear)
- Steel-toed footwear subsidy
- After 1 year of continuous employment, a $50 subsidy will be paid with submission of receipt.
- Ongoing monthly training
- Summer programs; company water bottles, free freezies, cold filtered water in our air conditioned lunchroom
- Landmark Safety celebrations (as of July 2017 we had 500 days without a lost time accident)
- Safety Audits
- First Aid with shift differentials for level 2’s
- Safety contests and giveaways
- Graduated return to work programs where able
All extended benefits and program participation except for safety start the first of the month following your successful completion of probation
EDUCATION SUPPORT / REIMBURSEMENT
At Bulldog Bag we value education and access to training
- Apprenticeship program
- Tuition is reimbursed when proof of passing is provided
- Internal training programs
- Reimbursement for approved external training
- Leadership training for current and up and coming leaders
- Computer training
REWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We recognize our team member’s commitment with 15, 25 and 35 year service awards
- Employee of the Month Program
- Each month, employees that demonstrate outstanding service through their work have the chance to receive a $100 gift certificate of their choice if their name is drawn from Supervisor submissions. All nominees from the year will be entered into a draw at the end of the year for a $200 gift certificate of their choice.
BASIC HEALTH CARE
- BC MSP coverage starts the first of the month following your date of hire.
COMPREHENSIVE EXTENDED HEALTH (90/10 PLAN)
Employees who have successfully completed their probation period are eligible to take part in our extended plans and programs
- Extended medical and dental
- Vision care
- Employee Assistance Program
- We offer a free employee and eligible dependent assistance plan; professionally trained and qualified counsellors are available 24/7 to help you deal with work, family and financial issues. Completely confidential and anonymous.
- Shingles vaccine for employees over 50
- On-site flu shot clinic (seasonal)
- On-site physiotherapy for covered employees (after probation)
LIFE & ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Basic life
- We also offer additional optional employee and dependent life insurance plans.
- Basic accidental death & dismemberment
- Basic travel
PENSION PLAN / RETIREMENT
- Pension plan
- Equivalent of 5% of employee’s pensionable earnings are placed in a company pension plan.We offer a personalized program with ongoing guidance and advice from the full team of Retirement Counselors to help you reach your retirement goals. Employees can also voluntarily contribute additional amounts.
INCOME PROTECTION PLANS
- Long and short-term disability
- These premiums are paid by the employee. Short-term disability is a maximum of 52 weeks.
- Our Wellness Program will subsidize up to ½ your gym membership.
- A maximum of $10 per month will be reimbursed.
- Monthly transit allowance
- Up to 20% of transit costs reimbursed.
- Employee referral program
- Refer a successful candidate and receive a referral bonus of $750 – $1500 for your efforts.
- Student hire program
- Must be 16 years or older; subject to availability of roles.
- Free parking, staff lunchroom with 3 fridges, microwaves and a free coffee program
- A staff Costco card that can be signed out for a maximum of 2 days for your use
- Staff BBQ and Christmas party
- Free WiFi in the lunchroom for your break time
- Employees who have successfully completed their probation period are eligible to take part in the above benefits and programs.
Other conditions are in place for some of our program / plan offers
WHAT EMPLOYEES SAY ABOUT BULLDOG BAG
- Over the years Bulldog became like a family to me, so to every Bulldogger thank you and please give D.D. the same support that you have given me. You will still see me here working on special projects and helping out when needed. JA – Chief Engineer
- I had a great time working at Bulldog Bag. I immediately felt welcomed by my co-workers and I never felt overloaded by the work I was doing. SN – summer student
- Good management and a pleasant working environment… Anonymous 2016 employee survey
- Fair wages… Anonymous 2016 employee survey