Machine Operator – Paper Department
Bulldog Bag Ltd. is a family-run company specializing in polyethylene and paper bags. We are moving in to a brand new, state of the art building located at 5838 – 274th Street in a new subdivision of the Gloucester Industrial Estates in Langley by February / March 2023. Due to our expansion, plans for the year 2023 and beyond, we are hiring Machine Operators for our Paper department.
The selected candidate will initially work in our Richmond facility located at 13631 Vulcan Way, Richmond, BC V6V 1K4 and by February / March 2023; we will relocate this position to our new building in Langley.
Reporting to the Supervisor, your primary responsibility is to collect and stack bags manufactured by bag machine, monitoring machine for proper efficient operation and monitoring bags produced for required quality.
- Collect and stack bags produced by machine keeping accurate counts
- Ensure all bags meet quality standards by following all Quality Control procedures
- Complete all paper work in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow all Food Safety, product quality, Health, and Safety Guidelines as laid out in the Departmental Summary.
- Perform all work in a safe manner
- Assist with all other work that needs to be completed including Roll changes, Ink tray Wash-up's and keeping the work area clean
Count and check bags as they come off the machine for quality and per the docket
- Strong ability to count and differentiate between numbers
- Ability to complete all paperwork
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, reading, writing and speaking
- Physically able to perform all job requirements; be on your feet entire shift, bending, reaching, walking, lifting up to 50lbs
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and move ahead
- Flexibility, reliability
- Manufacturing and production plant
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Shift timings: 6.30 AM to 2.30 PM, 2.30 PM to 10.30 PM & 10.30 PM to 6.30 AM.
Shifts are rotated every four weeks
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are providing face shields, masks, gloves, sanitizers & promote social distancing in our work place.