Bulldog Bag Ltd. Benefits at a Glance
At Bulldog Bag Ltd. we offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package. What sets us apart is our commitment to our employees’ health and wellbeing and our constantly evolving benefit and program plans.
BASIC HEALTH CARE
- BC MSP coverage starts the first of the month following your date of hire.
All extended benefits start the first of the month following your successful completion of probation.
COMPREHENSIVE EXTENDED HEALTH (90/10 PLAN)
- Extended medical and dental
- Vision care
- Employee Assistance Program
We offer a free employee and eligible dependent assistance plan; professionally trained and qualified counsellors are available 24/7 to help you deal with work, family and financial issues.
- Shingles vaccine for employees over 50
- On-site flu shot clinic (seasonal)
LIFE & ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Basic life
We also offer additional optional employee and dependent life insurance plans.
- Basic accidental death & dismemberment
- Basic travel
PENSION PLAN / RETIREMENT
- Pension plan
The Company contributes the equivalent of 5% of employee’s earnings. Employees can voluntarily contribute additional amounts.
INCOME PROTECTION PLANS
- Long and short-term disability
These premiums are paid by the employee. Short-term disability is a total of 52 weeks.
EDUCATION SUPPORT / REIMBURSEMENT
- Apprenticeship program
- Internal training programs
- Reimbursement for approved external training
THE BULLDOG PREFERENCE & OTHER BENEFITS
- Our Wellness Program will subsidize up to ½ your gym membership.
A maximum of $10 per month will be reimbursed.
- Steel-toed footwear subsidy
After 1 year of continuous employment, a $50 subsidy will be paid.
- Monthly transit allowance
Up to 20% of transit costs reimbursed.
- Employee referral program
Refer a successful candidate and receive a referral bonus of $750 - $1500 for your efforts.
- Student hire program
Must be 16 years or older; subject to availability of roles.
- Service awards for length of service
- Free parking, staff lunchroom with 3 fridges, microwaves and a free coffee program
- A staff Costco card that can be signed out for a maximum of 2 days for your use
- Staff BBQ and Christmas party
- Employee of the Month Program
Each month, employees that demonstrate outstanding service through their work have the chance to receive a $100 gift certificate of their choice if their name is drawn from Supervisor submissions. All nominees from the year will be entered into a draw at the end of the year for a $200 gift certificate of their choice.
Employees who have successfully completed their probation period are eligible to take part in the above benefits and programs.
Other conditions are in place for some of our program / plan offers.View our Job Postings